As with any industry, the world of vending machines is rapidly evolving by the minute. What was once a business based on dispensing gumballs for quarters has evolved into a full suite of diverse services ranging from snack vending machines to fully-featured food machines. VendingMarketwatch.com has outlined the 5 biggest trends in the vending machine industry for 2013, ranging from new refreshment options to innovative ways of paying for snacks and sodas. The highlighted trends were as follows:
- Healthy Vending – Read our blog, or any vending news source for that matter, and you will immediately notice that healthy vending is here to stay. With new health regulations popping up all over and quality replacements for sugary treats, a good majority of vending machines all over the country are including calorie-concious snacks.
- Cashless Vending – Cashless transactions are becoming more and more common in every industry, and vending is no exception. Most current snack machines accept credit cards, and future products will allow for purchases with the swipe of a smartphone.
- Micromarkets – This new-age form of shopping puts a full store’s worth of product at a customers fingertips, and will likely complement the vending industry for years to come.
- Machine Upgrades – Technology is evolving rapidly, and machines are following suit. From flatscreen displays to infra-red product scanners, the vending machines of the future are happening today.
- Coffee – Customers love coffee. They also love vending machines. The two will make a strong pair for a long time.